Cut TD's salaries in half, from €90k to €45k
This petition had 719 supporters
The General Election is only a few months away, and politicians are already trying to buy our votes with the usual promises. Let's take control of the situation: we can set the bar for election candidates by cutting the enormous salaries, expenses, pensions and party funding on offer. By doing so, we'll attract candidates who will serve the country first, and not themselves. Everybody wants honest politicians, but too many of them are motivated by the massive pay-packet they receive. So, let's only vote for politicians agree to:
- Cut TD's salaries in half, from just under 90k to 45k
- Ensure all expenses are vouched with receipts
- End party funding
- Reduce the enormous ministerial and backbench pensions to the average public service rate
Did you know?
- The average TD earns over half a million euro in wages and expenses during their term in office
- When claiming for travel and accommodation expenses, no receipts have to be shown
- Political parties take almost 13m every year from tax-payers, to essentially tell us what a great job they are doing
- Some former MEP's and Ministers can claim two pensions, with many earning over 100,000e every year in retirement
Today: Clean Up Politics is counting on you
Clean Up Politics needs your help with “Enda Kenny: Cut TD's salaries in half, from €90k to €45k”. Join Clean Up Politics and 718 supporters today.