End the Drug War: Tell Congress to Decriminalize Drug Possession
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The "War on Drugs" is a failure.
The war on drugs has cost us:
- $1.5 trillion in taxpayer money.
- The potential of the 1.5 million Americans sentenced with drug law violations a year.
- Our Equality. Blacks make up 13% of America's drug users, but makeup 70% of all drug-related incarcerations.
- Our personal freedom of choice.
Decriminalizing drugs work. Look at Portugal.
In July of 2001, Portugal decriminalized possession and use of illegal drugs, instead, they focused on treatment and prevention. This lead to massive reductions in drug use, prison overcrowding, overdoses, and the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- Annual Drug-induced deaths were cut in half.
- HIV cases lowered by nearly 72%
- 65% reduction in court cases.
- 400% increase in rehab treatment.
- Now has the lowest drug rate of any western country at 0.9%
NOW is the time for this rare opportunity for change.
Criminal justice reforms are being introduced to congress. We must push the urgency for drug policy reforms.
Let's modernize America, together.
Today: Billy is counting on you
Billy Lord needs your help with “End the Drug War: Tell Congress to Decriminalize Drug Possession”. Join Billy and 76 supporters today.