GST on Medicine rate is high @ 12%

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!


Hitherto Medicines were taxed at 3.9% Excise duty and 5% VAT totalling 8.9%. Now under GST the tax on Medicines has been raised to 12% a net increase of 3.1%. In the old tax regime there were many areas where E.D was exempted ( in such cases the increase is 7%). 

Taxing medicines is taxing sickness, however the government has not bothered and has gone about increasing the tax on 80% of the products (on sales value). The net effect is evident from the revised price list of leading pharma companies after GST.

Hence I request the Government of India and empowered committee on VAT to reconsider the 12%GST on medicines and restore the tax rate to 5% as on earlier tax regime.



Today: RAMAKRISHNAN is counting on you

RAMAKRISHNAN MUTHU needs your help with “empowered committee on GST: GST on Medicine rate is high @ 12%”. Join RAMAKRISHNAN and 46 supporters today.