Zimbabwe Elections 2018: Petition for a Presidential Debate
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We, the undersigned petition Presidential Candidates for the forthcoming 2018 Zimbabwe Elections, particularly his Excellency President of Zimbabwe Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa to make arrangements for and hold a televised Presidental Debate so as to allow citizens to ask and candidates to answer questions from the public that they seek to lead and seek a mandate from. If a person, before being employed, is required to go through an interview process and answer questions from potential employers, It is only fair, just and equitable that presidential candidates answer questions from the people that they will be serving in office.
We, the undersigned direct this petition particularly to his Excellency Cde Mnangagwa because we believe he has the power, means and opportunity to sanction this Debate to take place. His Excellency has also said sincerely before that The Voice of the People is the Voice of God is the Voice People. By having this petition signed by not less than 100 000 people, we hope to beseech his Excellency to hold true his claim.
We the undersigned believe that forums such as political rallies and printed manifestos do not afford citizens an opportunity to ask clear, direct and pertinent questions that relate to real life issues that affect them.
The Debate may be done in the following manner or in any fair and just manner that the President sees fit:
- Include Prominent Presidential Candidates ( Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, Advocate Nelson Chamisa, and Dr. Nkosana Moyo)
- No Political regalia or dress code at the debate
- Questions to be collected from the public from via social media e.g. Facebook page or other means that the president sees fit
- Questions to be asked during the debate must be selected by the Debate Hosts who are non-partisan
- The debate to be held at a venue that allows for broadcasting and is easily accessible to the general public
- The debate to be conducted by up to 3 Individuals that are non-partisan
Please share and sign this Petition so that we break new ground and allow our future Presidents to answer questions from the people they serve
We, The People
Today: Brighton is counting on you
Brighton Marekera needs your help with “Emmerson Dambudzo Munangagwa: Zimbabwe Elections 2018: Petition for a Presidential Debate”. Join Brighton and 9 supporters today.