Amador County Officials Must Denounce Insurrection at US Capitol Building
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
On January 6, 2021, a violent insurrection against our government occurred at the United States Capitol complex in Washington, DC. These events have shaken many citizens of this country to their core. Thousands of insurrectionists traveled to our nation's capitol from throughout our nation at the specific request and invitation of President Donald Trump. Fueled by his lies and half-truths, and encouraged by President Trump himself, many of these citizens violently attacked the US Capitol building. Blood was shed. Lives were lost.
As the Secret Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Department of Homeland Security continue to investigate the events of the siege, one disturbing fact has been brought to light - some insurgents were members of city councils, county supervisors, law enforcement officers, military members, and others in which the public has placed their ultimate trust.
Amador County citizens deserve the right to know, without doubt, their elected officials and key leaders of law enforcement publicly denounce the violence and hatred perpetrated against our nation on January 6, 2021, and support our United States Constitution.
Together, we now call upon our elected officials and heads of each law enforcement agency in Amador County, California, to immediately take the following actions:
1) Publicly denounce and condemn the violent insurrection at the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021.
2) Publicly state President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris are in-fact the legitimate winners of the 2020 US Presidential election, and have won their election honestly and fairly.
3) Publicly state that you, in your capacity as an elected official or head of a law enforcement agency in Amador County, shall take no action in your PERSONAL capacity, to support, encourage, aid or abet any person or group which desires to overturn the results of the 2020 Presidential Election.
4) Publicly state that you, in your OFFICIAL capacity as an elected official or head of a law enforcement agency in Amador County, shall take no action to support, encourage, aid or abet any person or group which desires to overturn the results of the 2020 Presidential Election. Furthermore, notwithstanding the rights of citizens to peaceably protest and speak freely, within your OFFICIAL capacity, you agree to take immediate action, if needed, to properly report or investigate persons or groups desiring to overturn the results of the 2020 Presidential Election, including those who may attempt, by their words or actions, to incite violence of any type within Amador County.
5) For those serving as elected officials, at the start of your next public meeting, we ask that you hold a moment of silence in tribute to US Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick, who gave his life in service to our country by helping protect our United States Congress members, staff, fellow officers, and many others from harm on January 6, 2021.
If, in your personal or elected capacity, you refuse to offer these public statements, clearly assuring our citizens of your support for the rule of law and our United States Constitution, we do hereby request you immediately submit your resignation from the public office or position which you hold.
- The honorable citizens of Amador County, California.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!