STOP A Shooting Range for Sporting Clays in our neighborhood of Egg Harbor Township, NJ
This petition made change with 141 supporters!
- The proposed sight to add a sporting clay shooting range is interspersed with wetlands, which act as the feeder system to a small stream called Miry Run, an important tributary to the Great Egg Harbor River.
- The bullets for sporting clays contain lead, a known toxin to humans and wildlife, and there would be no way to contain lead from seeping into the ground, contaminating the environment, and poisoning drinking water as all residents close to the site use well water for drinking.
- The long term environmental impact of the clay, paints, and dyes that would spread as a result of the broken skeets is not understood at this time.
- Noise from the site is close to homes and will be disruptive. A shotgun is known to be 150-200 decibels (the equivalent of a jet taking off at 25 meters distance) and would severely change the quiet, tranquil environment that nearby farms and residents enjoy.
- The facility where the site is proposed serves alcohol, a safety concern for all parties involved.
- The Egg Harbor Township, NJ neighbors most impacted by the implementation of a sporting clay shooting range would be those located on the following streets: Ashland, Asbury, Astor, Betsy Scull, Bishop, Catawba, Crescent, Danielle, Devonshire, Halbert, Harbor, Homewood, Lenore, Malaron, Nottingham, Ocean Heights, Pine, Pine Needle, Princeton, Saddleridge, Sherwood, Mays Landing/Somers Point, Sun Pine, Sunny, Thelma, Virginia, Wexford, Willow Oak, and Zion.
Today: Lauren is counting on you
Lauren Gayeski needs your help with “Egg Harbor Township Planning Board: STOP A Shooting Range for Sporting Clays in our neighborhood of Egg Harbor Township, NJ”. Join Lauren and 140 supporters today.