Gaslighting by Social Services
Jan 3, 2017 — Dear Supporters,
"Gaslighting or gas-lighting is manipulation through persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying in an attempt to destabilize and delegitimize a target."
Has this happened to you with social services?
I am shocked at the persistent negative phrasing, distortions, deliberate omissions of positives and active lies that are taking place in this unlawful investigation.
I am horrified and very saddened at the clearly deliberate one-track determination to make me appear as someone I am not.
It is so blatantly in evidence in the reports. Who stands up for parents in this situation? Enormous work is involved in responding to these fabrications and distortions.
It is also soul-destroying having information and evidence sent, completely and wilfully ignored and seeing the same copy and pastes of distortions and lies appear in each report, despite evidence to the contrary. This is active perjury. It's a criminal act.
When someone is that blinkered, you know it's deliberate. Who polices the breaches of not only law, but social work codes of practice, when the LA themselves refuses to investigate a complaint about it?
Social care workers must:
• Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users
• Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of
service users and carers;
• Promote the independence of service users while protecting
them as far as possible from danger or harm;
• Respect the rights of service users whilst seeking to ensure that
their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
• Uphold public trust and confidence in social care services; and
• Be accountable for the quality of their work and take
responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge
* Being honest and trustworthy;
* Communicating in an appropriate, open, accurate and
* Helping service users and carers to make complaints, taking
complaints seriously and responding to them or passing them
* Recognising and using responsibly the power that comes
from your work with service users and carers.
In particular you must not:
* Abuse, neglect or harm service users, carers or colleagues;
* Abuse the trust of service users and carers or the access you
have to personal information about them or to their property,
home or workplace;
* Discriminate unlawfully or unjustifiably against service users,
carers or colleagues;
* Condone any unlawful or unjustifiable discrimination by
service users, carers or colleagues;
* Behave in a way, in work or outside work, which would call
into question your suitability to work in social care services.
All of these have been breached.
Brighton & Hove City Council - hang your heads in shame.
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly