Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology should remain Affiliated to Dibrugarh University
This petition had 191 supporters
Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology (JIST) is a premier and unique Institution of Assam, established in 1971. The Only Institution to offer both Engineering and Science courses. Our Institution was Affiliated to Dibrugarh University from the very beginning and the Institution is functioning properly till date without any inconvenience. But now, our institution is being pressurized by the higher authority to change our affiliation from Dibrugarh University (DU) to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU).
ASTU was established in 2010, which is new to the educational society with lots of cons, neither it has NAAC accreditation and it clearly indicates that this University lacks experience . Affiliation under ASTU will lead the future of our Institution into darkness.
Changing our affiliation to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) Instead of Dibrugarh University (DU) will Cause :
- Introduction to a new Syllabus, which is far inferior to the Syllabus prescribed by DU.
- Change in Fee structures.
- There will be no difference between a private institution an a Govt. institution. Since, both will possess same Degree offered by ASTU.
- Repeater-exams will be held next year after the results are declared once.
No scope for the students of Science Stream.
- Science stream students will lose the seat reservation under Dibrugarh University.
Therefore, as a concerned student of this Institution we urge every student of Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology to rise up against this injustice with the future of this institution and the students by the Higher Authority .
Today: Jorhat Institute Of is counting on you
Jorhat Institute Of Science And Technology needs your help with “Education Minister of Assam : Dr. Hemanta Biswa Sharma: Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology should remain Affiliated to Dibrugarh University”. Join Jorhat Institute Of and 190 supporters today.