STUDY to Consider the Consolidation of East Tawas and Tawas City, Michigan
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
To the governing bodies of the cities of East Tawas and Tawas City, Mi, the undersigned petitioners respectfully request that said governing bodies begin a process to STUDY the possibility of consolidation the two cities into one governmental entity. While we do understand there are always historical and political roadblocks in the consolidation process we are only asking to look into the feasibility of such an effort at this time.
Other cities in Michigan have accomplished consolidation such as Iron River, Stambaugh and village of Mineral Hills in the Upper Peninsular of MI.
There are consultants that have assisted in this type of effort.
Surely there are significant benefits from the standpoint of operational effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of municipal service in areas that include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Having one City Manager, one Mayor and one City Council.
2. Purchasing and utilization of expensive fire fighting equipment.
3. Purchasing and utilization of expensive public works equipment.
4. Creating a single Parks and Recreation system to allow the efficient construction and maintenance of city parks, sidewalks, roads, trails and parking facilities.
5. Having a single set of Municipal ordinances for ease of enforcement.
6. Eliminating the duplication of governmental offices, buildings and utilities.
Today: CITIZENS FOR BETTER GOVERNMENT is counting on you
CITIZENS FOR BETTER GOVERNMENT needs your help with “East Tawas and Tawas City Mayors: STUDY to Consider the Consolidation of East Tawas and Tawas City, Michigan”. Join CITIZENS FOR BETTER GOVERNMENT and 94 supporters today.