Demand Eanes ISD Board Vote to give the choice of in-person learning to all families!

Demand Eanes ISD Board Vote to give the choice of in-person learning to all families!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
At 1,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Ted Tavrides started this petition to EANES ISD Board

Eanes ISD has announced their plan for school opening this fall. They will be on-line only for the first three weeks per Travis County Health order but Dr. Leonard wants to extend it to October 12. He needs Board approval to do this! They will only allow 25% of the students to attend in-person school and the other 75% will be forced to attend sub-standard on-line teaching. Parents will not have any choice or input.


Dr. Tom Leonard and the Eanes ISD Administration are asking the Board to vote next Thursday, August 11 at 6:00 PM to allow them to keep schools essentially CLOSED for most students past the initial online only 3 weeks, save a very small portion of the community.


The Texas Educational Agency (TEA) has allowed district administrators to close schools for the first four weeks, but Dr. Leonard must get board approval to extend this another 4 weeks to October 12!


At least 4 of the 7 Trustees (Jennifer Champagne, Jason Paul, Ellen Balthazar, and Christie Bybee) indicated during the August 4 board meeting they are in favor of allowing Dr. Leonard to do this! Unless we make our voices heard, this is going to pass!


If you feel strongly that Eanes ISD should offer the CHOICE for in person learning to ALL families, please support this petition! In no way, does this effect those students and families that choose to stay in on-line learning as long as they want.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
At 1,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!