Say NO to Spot-Zoning for Profit. Keep the Village of East Aurora Quaint and Charming!
This petition had 154 supporters
The Village of East Aurora has reported that RAS Development I, LLC , which is in the business of constructing apartment buildings, has applied to rezone 0 Hamlin Avenue and 41 Hamlin (the “Property”) from a “Residential” district to “Group/New Townhouse Residential” district, so that it can construct two apartment buildings, totaling 15 units, in a plot of land that is a little over an acre. Each unit will rent for $1,500 to $1,900 a month! This will add at least 30 people and 30 cars to an already congested area! Simply, this structure is too large and too dense for the area. Despite knowing our concerns, the developer will not consider reducing the size of his plan. It is clear the plan benefits nobody but the developer himself.
We, the residents of the Village of East Aurora, respectfully petition the Village of East Aurora to deny RAS’s rezone application as the proposed plan fails to follow eight key objectives outlined in the Regional Comprehensive Plan, a document created to "guide future land use decisions in the region and in each municipality" in East Aurora and several surrounding areas. We believe the proposed plan
1. fails to promote the unique identity of the area surrounding the Property;
2. is not in harmony with the architecture and style of the single family residences and landscape features surrounding the Property;
3. does not preserve the historical character of the area surrounding the Property;
4. will increase visual clutter in the area surrounding the Property;
5. amplifies rather than screens the effects of commercial development in the residential area surrounding the Property;
6. will be detrimental to the already congested traffic flow;
7. will be detrimental to the property values in the area surrounding the Property;
8. will be detrimental to the aesthetics in the area surrounding the Property.
We believe approving such a proposal will not only be detrimental to the immediate neighborhood, but it also sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of the Village as it increases the risk of future spot-zoning in other residential neighborhoods. Character, history, and charm should NOT be sacrificed for the profit of developers!
Today: Hamlin Ave./Fillmore Ave./Parkdale/North Willow Neighborhood Association is counting on you
Hamlin Ave./Fillmore Ave./Parkdale/North Willow Neighborhood Association needs your help with “EA Village Board Say NO to Spot-Zoning for Profit. Keep the Village of East Aurora Quaint and Charming!”. Join Hamlin Ave./Fillmore Ave./Parkdale/North Willow Neighborhood Association and 153 supporters today.