May Day 2017 Petition for Dutchess-- Fight for 15, FDR New Deal Jobs, Protect Immigrants!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Honor May Day all year long here in Dutchess County-- sign this petition and pass it along to all you know if you agree that 2017 should be the year that Dutchess County delays no longer in enacting these six common-sense ways to help local workers:
1. Start the move towards a $15/hr. minimum wage for all workers in Dutchess County by 2019 (as in NYC); http://www.Fightfor15.org ; http://citizenactionny.org/2016/04/minimum-wage-compromise-draws-criticism-praise/20154 .
2. Initiate a true FDR-style New Deal jobs program locally to rebuild infrastructure and hope in Poughkeepsie and across our county; http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/1/8/822995/ .
3. Start a transition towards making sure that large county contracts only go to firms and nonprofit agencies where at least half the members of those boards are employees of those companies (as in Germany-- noted in Michael Moore's last film); http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11619638 .
5. Launch a new public bank and community choice aggregation to help local businesses, municipalities, homeowners, and renters save money on interest rates and electric bills-- while at the same time creating a green jobs explosion locally; http://www.PublicBankingInstitute.org ; http://www.CitizensforLocalPower.com .
6. Make sure that undocumented workers are protected from the threat of deportation-- and furthermore, that they be allowed to have drivers licenses; https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneiderman-updates-legal-guidance-sanctuary-jurisdictions-making-clear-president ; https://workerscny.org/en/green-light-ny-driving-together-luz-verde-ny-manejando-juntos/ .
Email all 25 Dutchess County Legislators at firstname.lastname@example.org-- and help build pressure on NYS and the federal government to move on these things as well-- call Albany at 877-255-9417-- and Congress at 866-338-1015!
Joel Tyner, Dutchess County Legislator, D. #11 (Rhinebeck/Clinton), 324 Browns Pond Road, Staatsburg, NY 12580 http://www.DutchessDemocracy.blogspot.com email@example.com 845-464-2245 Host of "The Real Majority Project" Saturdays 8 am to noon live webcast on http://www.WHVW.com 950 AM
Today: Dutchess County Legislator Joel is counting on you
Dutchess County Legislator Joel Tyner needs your help with “Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro: May Day 2017 Petition for Dutchess-- Fight for 15, FDR New Deal Jobs, Protect Immigrants!”. Join Dutchess County Legislator Joel and 47 supporters today.