Drug War Reparations Prior toTaxation and Regulation of Cannabis
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We call for:
* automatic, no cost expungement of cannabis related criminal records;
* immediate release of those incarcerated for cannabis related crimes;
* exclusion of cannabis related crimes as impediments for employment and access to public services;
* training and start-up assistance in hemp and cannabis industry for those impacted;
* access to land ownership for those impacted.
* Reparations Commission to study and consider further reparation
Full marijuana legalization, state regulation and taxation are imminent and there is absolutely NO DISCUSSION of reparations from the “War on Drugs”. The Commission has toured the state and produced three reports. The reports contain recommendations to set aside money for substance abuse prevention, education, research and public safety. There are provisions for excise, sales and use, local options, meals and rooms taxes. Nowhere in this process is anyone talking about the glaring fact that thousands of black lives were destroyed and many continue to suffer because of the disproportionate enforcement of marijuana laws. Shame!
THIS IS WRONG. Period! Full legalization, taxation and regulation must be directly linked to addressing the harm caused by the "War on Drugs" and ensuring those impacted have opportunities to thrive.
Today: Mark is counting on you
Mark Hughes needs your help with “Drug War Reparations Prior toTaxation and Regulation”. Join Mark and 193 supporters today.