Drop the price of Electricity by 40% to uplift SA's economy
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
Eskom plans to increase tariffs by 20% a year and municipalities are already adding additional charges to your bill. The current high electricity prices threaten all South Africans, all businesses and every possibility of a prosperous economic future for you and generations to come.
Furthermore, the amended Electricity Regulation Act (ERA) states you need to register and pay Nersa for your personal generators and solar panels. Non-compliance with any provision of the act is a criminal offence which is punishable by a fine of up to R5 million and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
TOGETHER WE HAVE THE POWER TO REDUCE TARIFFS AND CHALLENGE THE ACT, RIGHT NOW, WITHOUT ANY EFFORT OR COST TO YOU.
Explosive allegations of overcharging and inflated profits have been made in Parliament against Eskom by independent energy analyst, Ted Blom. He is now leading the charge for a 40% REDUCTION in tariffs as there is evidence we have been overcharged by both Eskom and municipalities for years.
Ted Blom is presenting a case to the National Energy Regulator of SA at public hearings in each province throughout November. As part of the presentation, we need to show evidence, in the form of a petition, of a large number of South Africans troubled by high electricity costs and unnecessary charges.
The goal is at least ONE MILLION signatures calling for a 40% REDUCTION in tariffs.
AND WE’RE NOT STOPPING THERE
When we reach our goal, we intend to take this matter further and into a legal challenge aimed at rescuing our economy by lowering the cost of electricity for every South African citizen and business.
Electricity prices have been increased dramatically and without justification by municipalities and Eskom for many years. We are facing yet another increase which will push many businesses and individuals deeper into an already unaffordable situation. These unnecessary tariff hikes have stunted economic growth and destroyed job opportunities. The latest proposed increase will result in a loss of a further 180,000 jobs.
HOW A 40% REDUCTION IN THE COST OF ELECTRICITY WILL BENEFIT YOU
- An immediate economic growth of between 3 and 6%.
- An immediate decrease in unemployment as over 1 million new jobs per year could be realised.
- Financial independence for the unemployed – 70% of which are under 35 years old.
- Improve SA’s outlook from a third world collapsing economy towards a first world prospering economy.
- Improved standard of living for you and your children.
- A shift in international credit ratings, away from junk status, which will stimulate investment.
- Improved economic & political stability.
- Create an opportunity for consumers to purchase electricity from Independent Power Producers, including renewables.
Today: Ted Blom - eeco.co.za is counting on you
Ted Blom - eeco.co.za needs your help with “Drop the price of electricity by 40% to uplift SA's economy”. Join Ted Blom - eeco.co.za and 49,518 supporters today.