Please Allow Ms Perko to Stay at Dwight Elementary School!
This petition had 110 supporters
Dear Members of the Dwight Community:
We're asking you to please come together once again to show your support on an important matter.
For those who aren't aware, Melissa Perko is a wonderful Third Grade teacher who has been "floated" to North Stratfield for the 2017-18 year. The reasoning is because previously the incoming Third Grade wasn't recognized as being large enough for three sections. While Infinite Campus (which isn't updated until July 1) showed 50 enrollments, the actual number is now 53 (maybe more enrollments over the summer too).
Given Dr Toni Jones' (our Superintendent) decision to follow guidelines of max size of 25 students per class, Dwight is currently slated for three sections. With Ms Perko being moved to another school, we are left to wonder HOW we can bring her back if we remain at THREE sections?
This would be a huge loss for our children & the Dwight Community if we had to hire a new teacher for the third section:
- Dwight has an incredibly strong Third Grade Team of teachers. Hiring a new teacher in the Fall will disrupt the synergies they have worked so hard to create. They use a lot of team teaching techniques that have resulted in success for the students.
- Ms Perko came into the Dwight School at a time of uncertainty and quickly became a favorite among the children, her fellow faculty and parents.
- In the past, we have had a few rocky third grade years with unexpected staff changes. Ms Perko stepped in and folded seamlessly into the third grade team.
- Ms Perko knows the families and families know and have a good rapport with her!
- She has been a fabulous teacher for the past few years at Dwight and has settled in as a strong member of the Dwight community.
- Our students, faculty and families all love her and wish she was able to stay.
Please join in signing this petition to help urge Dr Jones to allow Ms Perko to remain at Dwight if we remain at three Third Grade sections come Fall.
Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration!
Concerned Dwight Parents
Today: Timothy Dwight Elementary School Parents is counting on you
Timothy Dwight Elementary School Parents needs your help with “Dr. Toni Jones: Please Keep Ms Perko at Dwight Elementary School!”. Join Timothy Dwight Elementary School Parents and 109 supporters today.