Support Fine Arts Instruction in the South Bend Intermediate Centers
This petition made change with 1,043 supporters!
The South Bend Community School Corporation (SBCSC) is considering reducing band, orchestra, choir and art (fine arts) instruction time by more than half (to 6% of total instruction) to add more standardized test preparation.
We the undersigned:
- are strong supporters of our children’s education beyond just the pure academic subjects and realize that fine arts education enhances our childrens’ education and growth.
- are proud of the level of musicianship and artistry attained by students in the SBCSC
- chose to send our children to SBCSC schools over private and other school corporations partially because of the well-respected fine arts program.
- recognize the benefits of arts education including cognitive development, responsibility, increased dexterity, and teamwork.
- strongly support the fine arts teachers in the SBCSC and recognize their commitment to fine arts education through their years of service to the corporation.
To preserve the quality of these program and the benefits to the students, we request that fine arts instruction remain on either a daily basis or every other day for block scheduling.
Today: Sarah is counting on you
Sarah Nerenberg needs your help with “Dr. Kenneth Spells, Superintendent, South Bend Community School Corporation : Support Fine Arts Instruction in the South Bend CSC Intermediate Centers”. Join Sarah and 1,042 supporters today.