- Dr Andrew MurrayMerton CCG
Save the Wilson Hospital GP Surgery & Walk-In Centre
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500.
Merton CCG plans to close the Wilson Hospital GP Surgery and Walk-in Centre, CR4 4TP, on the 1st April 2017.
We, the undersigned, believe that these vital services should be retained.
- Merton CCG
Dr Andrew Murray
I am writing to ask you to drop your plans to close the Wilson GP Surgery and Walk-in Centre. This view is shared by hundreds of local residents, from 19 to 93 years of age, who turned up on January 31st in the pouring rain to make their voices heard. I implore you to listen to them.
The points you made at the meeting show there is no need to close this centre:
• Money remains with the patient so there are sufficient funds to keep it open at no extra expense to the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
• GPs are difficult to recruit, have low morale and are leaving the profession. This surgery and walk-in practice can provide a full roster of GPs who are enthusiastic about their work and have been judged as one of the best in the country
• Alternative surgeries can be two bus journeys away, so are inaccessible and have little parking. This centre is easy to get to for patients and has great parking.
• Patients using this service would otherwise go to A&Es at St George’s or St Helier Hospitals and would be more expensive to treat.
• The new surgeries you are suggesting currently recommend The Wilson GP centre and Walk-in Practice to their current patients.
I do not believe you will or can relocate the 5,900 patients from this GP practice nor the thousands each year who use the walk-in centre.
Please call an urgent meeting of your committee to overturn this decision, something you can do right now as Chair of the CCG.
There is no shame is admitting you made the wrong decision but there is great shame in pursuing a reckless course of action to the detriment of the health of local residents who work hard and pay their tax and national insurance.
I urge you in the strongest possible terms to drop these ill-considered and damaging plans, and work to find a better way forward.
Siobhain McDonagh started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,229 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Siobhain is counting on you
Siobhain McDonagh needs your help with “Dr Andrew Murray, Merton CCG: Save the Wilson Hospital GP Surgery & Walk-In Centre”. Join Siobhain and 1,228 supporters today.