Maintain Optimally Fluoridated Water in Jonesborough, Tennessee
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
On February 13, 2017, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen in Jonesborough, Tennessee voted to stop optimal water fluoridation at the end of June 2017. This decision was not based on science and the survey of Jonesborough Water customers in 2016 contained untruths.
All water contains some fluoride, yet typically not at the level to provide significant cavity reductions. At 0.7 milligrams of fluoride per liter of water (0.7 mg/L, 0.7ppm), the level in community water fluoridation (CWF), at least 25% of cavities are reduced for everyone. No adverse health effects have ever been associated with CWF. Additionally CWF reduces the pain and suffering that cavities (dental caries) cause for all of us.
Experts in the U.S. and around the world that endorse water fluoridation as safe and effective for all include:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Dental Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mayo Clinic
- World Health Organization
No credibly recognized health or scientific authority in the world opposes CWF.
Let the Board of Mayor and Aldermen know that you want to keep optimally fluoridated water in Jonesborough, Tennessee.
- Dr. Paul Stanton, Professor Emeritus, ETSU, lives in Jonesborough, TN
- Dr. Allen Burleson, Jonesborough dentist, lives in Johnson City, TN
- Terry Countermine, Jonesborough Alderman, lives in Jonesborough, TN
- Dr. Joseph Florence, Director of Rural Programs, Professor Quillen College of Medicine, ETSU, lives in Jonesborough, TN
- Dr. Bill Kennedy, physician in private practice, lives in Jonesborough, TN
- Dr. Patrick Stern, retired pediatrician with grandchildren in Jonesborough, lives in Telford, TN
- Dr. Florence Weierbach, BPCS Project Director and Associate Professor at ETSU, lives in Jonesborough, TN
- Dr. Alisa Cade, Dental Director at Northeast Tennessee Regional Health Office, lives in Kingsport, TN
- Dr. David Kirschke, Medical Director at Northeast Tennessee Regional Health Office, lives in Johnson City, TN
- Christen Minnick, Director of Washington County Health Department, lives in Kingsport, TN
This petition will be delivered to:
Jonesborough Mayor Kelly Wolfe, Jonesborough Alderman Jerome Fitzgerald, Jonesborough Alderman Devid Sell, Jonesborough Alderman Chuck Vest, and Town Administrator Bob Browning
Key words: Prevent cavities, Oral health, Dental health, Children's health, Community Water Fluoridation
Today: Allen is counting on you
Allen Burleson needs your help with “Dr. Allen Burleson: Maintain Optimally Fluoridated Water in Jonesborough, Tennessee”. Join Allen and 170 supporters today.