Reverse the decision to harvest ash trees in Door Bluff Headlands Park
This petition made change with 400 supporters!
• During the late 1940s, the Door County Parks Committee, with Tom Pinney, Jens Jensen, Sid Telfer, and others, created Door Bluff Headlands Park as a "Sanctuary"
• At least one section of DBHP was donated with a no logging provision
• Presence of the emerald ash borer in DBHP has not been confirmed
• Approximately 45% of the trees in DBHP are ash trees
• Collateral damage will occur to other species of trees, plants, and wildlife
• Endangered and protected species will be impacted
• Risk for introduction and spread of invasive species will increase as well as the threat of soil erosion
• Damage to roads used by logging trucks may occur
• The integrity of the Niagara Escarpment and its Resource Zone would undoubtedly be compromised
Today: Mike is counting on you
Mike Bahrke needs your help with “Door County Airport & Parks Committee: Reverse the decision to harvest ash trees in Door Bluff Headlands Park”. Join Mike and 399 supporters today.