Petition Closed

Protect Women's Reproductive Rights! Keep abortions safe and legal.

This petition had 126 supporters

There are around 249,000 teen pregnancies a year in the U.S., as of 2014.  Imagine if all of those young women were forced by the government to keep their babies? Abortion was legalized in 1973 but has been going on much longer than that. Women were  having abortions in unsafe and unsanitary environments which was risking their lives. Do we really want to go back to that? Women won’t stop getting abortions if it's made illegal. They will just seek less safe ways to do so. A law against abortion is trying to be passed by the government, along with trying to get rid of Planned Parenthood. 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services are safe abortions. The other 97% is birth control and planning for parenthood, hence the name, and that is what this country needs.Taking away the basic right of abortion would be erasing lifetimes of work for women's right, and taking a huge step back. Join me in the fight to ensure that women’s rights of abortion should be kept legal, thereby giving women the right to choose about their own bodies and their own lives, and that birth control should be given at lower or even free prices.

Today: Primrose is counting on you

Primrose Everdeen needs your help with “Donald Trump: Protect Women's Reproductive Rights! Keep abortions safe and legal.”. Join Primrose and 125 supporters today.