Shut down or defund Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento

Shut down or defund Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Sharon Halk started this petition to President Donald J. Trump and

The Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento has had numerous issues over the last few years. The County had ordered the intake unit to close over a year ago and they were cited for over 120 violations that were removed from the current license when it was renewed last year.  Since the new license was issued, they have had additional violations.  

In January 2020, a 12year old child at the home chased after an emotionally upset 16 year old that ran from the facility across traffic of nearby Highway 80. The 12 year old was struck and killed.  Local news reports say the facility response was that they cannot lock children in the facility.  If they cannot lock the facility, they MUST find a successful method to keep children from wandering out the front door into dangerous situations as the facility is located in a high crime area known for drugs and sex trafficking.  When a facility is handed over someone else’s child to protect, yet allows them to have freedoms some parents have forbidden and harbor the children that wish to escape strict loving parents so they can have the freedom afforded them by this facility, it must not be done with our tax dollars!  And when their  failure  to protect a child results in a death or injury, they must be held responsible!

A few days after the 12 year old girl died, a vigil was held in front of the home.  The facility would not have anything to do with honoring the memory of this girl and the candles and other things brought were placed across the street in a strip mall parking lot.  The strip mall consists of several massage businesses and a liquor store.  On the night I was there, I witnessed a barefoot woman walking in a drug induced haze, through the middle of the street in front of the facility.  A 17 year old girl girl from the facility walked out snd began down the street.  When asked about it, she said she hates it there because the facility staff do not care what they do.  They can leave and nobody cares about the kids there.  And she walked away.  Nobody from the facility came after her at all.  About  20 minutes later, a parent stopped to offer warm drinks to protesters and the security guard from the facility came out to tell the parents they could not park in the driveway. (On a Sunday evening when the facility is closed)  Protesters informed the guard that a minor had left the facility on foot, to which he replied, “Don't worry about it, just do your protest and mind your own business!” & I said it is our business as taxpayers and the reason for the protest is because they do allow children to come and go.  The guard proceed editor to claim he was armed and challenged a mother protesting, to physical confrontation.  He only retreated back into the facility when he realized she was calling he police due to his threats snd antagonistic behavior.

It is clear that this facility is willing to accept the tax money that our government pays them to take in children to protect but they want no accountability for the children that are harmed or die in their care.  The repeated violations and the disappearance of the record of prior violations should be investigated and they must be shut down.  We cannot justify funding a facility in a high crime area where children are targeted by drug dealers, pedophiles and sex traffickers and the facility shrugs off their responsibility to the children.  SHUT DOWN THE CHILDREN’S RECEIVING HOME!  NO MORE TAX DOLLARS TO NEGLECT OUR CHILDREN!  NO MORE GOVERNMENT FUNDING!   

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!