Legalize industrial hemp so we can stop giving our forests to logging companies!

Legalize industrial hemp so we can stop giving our forests to logging companies!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Klare Rosson started this petition to President Donald J. Trump

We have eradicated entire forests mostly to make paper. These forests help keep our entire planet alive. They are extremely important to our existence. Marijuana plants can be used to make paper, plastic, building material that is actually way better than most things we use, and so much more! Marijuana or hemp, grows much faster than trees and has a huge variety of other uses. Hemp has higher concentration of cellulose than wood, the principal ingredient in paper. Trees are made up of only 30% cellulose, requiring the use of toxic chemicals to remove the other 70%. Hemp, on the other hand, can have have up to 85% cellulose content. Hemp produces four times more paper per acre per year than trees. When grown on similar soils under similar management, trees consistently outproduce hemp on a per acre, per year basis. ... Hemp is the worlds oldest cultivated crop. People have used it for everything!  Industrial hemp has been proved to absorb more CO2 per hectare than any forest or commercial crop. Industrial hemp is lighter, stronger, and less expensive than wood products. Did you know that four acres of trees produce the same amount of cellulose fiber as just one acre of hemp? Also, hemp takes just 100 days to grow to a stage where its fibers can be used, which means about every 100 days a crop would be ready to make paper or whatever else we needed. 100 days! Trees take years!!! Decades even!! The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees. This amounts to about 2,000,000,000 trees per year! The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years. We must put a stop to this madness! Also, think of all the jobs this would create!!!! 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!