1) It is our belief the action taken by the District School Board of Pasco County was preemptive, did not accord Coach Swymer due process and did not allow sufficient time for the entirety of the facts to be presented.
2) It is our belief the action taken by District School Board of Pasco County is disproportionate to the actual events for which he was been suspended.
3) Coach Swymer is a positive influence on the student athletes he coaches, the school and the community.
4) Coach Swymer instills positive attitudes, self-confidence, an unmatched work ethic and accountability in all student athletes.
5) He is uniformly respected by the students, athletes, competitors and his coaching peers.
6) His dedication to the students of Wiregrass Ranch High School has and continues to open the doors of opportunity (college and beyond) that would not otherwise be available to those same students in his absence.
7) He founded a scholarship in the name of the deceased parent of a former student athlete, Harry Olsen, whose father volunteered countless hours not only to the Wiregrass Baseball Program, but to all youth sports throughout the greater Wesley Chapel area.
8) The students and student athletes are at the forefront of everything Coach Swymer does, from the summer development program, to the fall conditioning and workouts, to stepping in as offensive line coach for the football program.
9) In four years Coach Swymer, through countless hours of hard work and dedication, turned around an average program struggling for an identity and made it the pre-eminent baseball program in Pasco County and the entire gulf coast region.
10) Coach Swymer has brought stability and success to the Wiregrass Ranch High School Bulls when he was hired in 2009 as their third head coach in three seasons.
11) Wiregrass Ranch High School Baseball is the pride of the school and community thanks to his unrelenting drive, perseverance and dedication to the students.
12) Coach Swymers’ four years of commitment, dedication and passion for Wiregrass Baseball and the outcry from the team, students and community of his behalf, warrant a reassessment of the part of the District School Board of Pasco County in this matter.
Christopher Wood started this petition with a single signature, and now has 376 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.