Extension of MidSem Break to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in NIT Raipur.
This petition made change with 1,400 supporters!
I am a student of your college in B.Tech. As you must be aware of the Coronavirus outbreak prevalent in the country, I propose if the classes be suspended till 31st March,2020 to limit the spread of the virus.
The following points support my argument:
1. The college resumes on 16th March after mid semester break due to which students from their respective homes in different states will return to college. We also have students from corona risk states like Delhi and UP. Mass gatherings in classes will lead to spread.
2. Mass stays in hostels and using common toilets.
3. All schools and colleges in the state have announced suspension of classes. HERE, I AM WELL AWARE THAT NIT RAIPUR is centrally funded Institute and does not follow state government orders. However, being a responsible institute and an institute of national importance, NITRR should take immediate, concrete and effective actions for prevention of the spread on the novel Coronavirus.
4. Also centrally funded institute in Chhattisgarh had also taken steps and classes are being suspended to prevent this spread.
5. As we already know, exams are scheduled in the month of April. To avoid delay in exams (if the virus keeps spreading like this), its necessary that the college declares suspension now.
6. Since we have students from all over the country and from other countries too, we are more prone towards COVID-19.
This petition keeps in mind the best interest of whole NIT Raipur Family. Single case coming from other state due to travel after holidays can lead to spread of this epidemic in whole institute. We request you to please make the arrangements for screening of students or anyone entering hostels or institute.
Regards Student Community
Today: NIT Raipur Students is counting on you
NIT Raipur Students needs your help with “Director NIT Raipur: Extension of MidSem Break due to Corona Outbreak”. Join NIT Raipur Students and 1,399 supporters today.