Stand with Small Business - 501FIT vs. LS Capital
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Local business owners of 501FIT (now closed) in downtown Minneapolis are being sued by a commercial property owner. LS Capital bought the 501 S. Washington Avenue building just before 501FIT gave notice to vacate its space. Now, 1.5+ years later are suing based on their lease interpretation.
Problem: Small businesses don't have a fighting chance against big business. Big businesses have more money and more weight! Landlords have many years to sue and have absolutely no duty/responsibility to mitigate perceived damages.
By signing this petition you declare...
1. 501FIT was an honest and reputable local business
2. 501FIT owners demonstrated fair, honest business practices
3. Local businesses are critical and important to Minneapolis
4. Laws in Minnesota give Landlords more rights than tenants
1. Get enough signatures to show we have local strength and support
2. Get enough signatures to approach lawmakers to advocate for tenant rights
3. Create awareness around LS Capital properties.
Today: 501FIT is counting on you
501FIT needs your help with “Diana Broschka: I Stand with Minneapolis Small Business (501FIT)!”. Join 501FIT and 412 supporters today.