In a recent case, an old lady, Rajkumari, committed suicide inside jail premises as she along with her complete family was sent to jail for the reason that her bahu hung herself and committed suicide due to reasons not investigated till date.
This lady along with here complete family including other bahu was in jail past 3months without getting any oppurtunity to defend. This let Rajkumari felt so degraded that on 7th july 2013 she committed suicide inside jail premises only.
It has been unfortunate to find a lady of 60 yrs being sent to jail for allegations of dowry death wherein bahu committed suicide without any dying declaration/ suicide note.
No one from the family was available for bail or other process to prove their innocence.
A citizen is innocent till he is proven guilty. But your able law abiding people could not understand this simple constitutional rights due to which we lost the soul and shamefully in jail premises.
When we from DAMAN WELFARE SOCIETY went to console the family, the police department showed the same rude behaviour.
If a bahu committing suicide in husbands house is such a crime that whole family needs to be sent to jail, then a lady committing suicide in jail is an equivalent crime and complete police department shall be sent to jail.
Under such a circumstances we demand the following on immediate basis:
1. Immediate termination of District Judge who sentenced jail.
2. All police persons including jailer to be suspended till this matter is pending and sent to jail for not performing proper duty.
3. Suspend investigating officer who has delayed investigation and be sent to jail immediately. He is the one responsible for this massacre. Simultaneously appoint new I/o and speed up the process.
4. Immediate arrest of in laws of husband who filed case on this family.
5. Government to issue advisory and train policeas to how to deal with family Disputes.
DAMAN WELFARE SOCIETY
manuj gupta started this petition with a single signature, and now has 307 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.