Save Mont kiara - Stop Pavillion 2 Development
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, RESIDENTS OF PAVILLION HILLTOP, SENI CONDMINIUM, KIARAVILLE, TIFFINI, MK 10, MK 11 AND RESIDENTS AND/OR PROPERTY OWNERS WITHIN THE VICINITY OF LOT 67209, JALAN CHANGKAT DUTA KIARA, MUKIM BATU, NEGERI WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN (“the Land”) RESPECTFULLY PETITION THAT THE DATUK BANDAR KUALA LUMPUR NOT APPROVE THE PROPOSAL OF 3 BLOCKS OF 29 STOREY CONDOMINIUM, COMPRISING 430 UNITS FOR REASONS SET OUT BELOW:
The residents within the vicinity of the said Land have had to put with approximately four (4) years of development, whilst the Developer, Malton Group, constructed Pavillion Hilltop residences comprising of :
Phase 1: 221 units
Phase 2: 232 units
Phase 3: 168 units
During this period, the residents were subjected to:
1. NOISE POLLUTION
• Noise was felt to be particularly bad during demolition and the early stages of development eg pile driving, drilling, hammering.
• Noise was caused by extra traffic, lorries, heavy machinery, and engines on a single lane that services these residences.
• Normal site hours began as early as 8am, affecting residents who did not wish to rise early and site work continued past 10 p.m.
• Residents had previously complained to Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur for noise pollution and work being carried out past bedtime of many residents.
• Continuous development in the same area is damaging to the surrounding buildings resulting in cracking of walls, plaster.
• Vibration from demolition and drilling at the same time can be extremely stressful.
• Residents are worried about pollution and dust from the site coming into homes.
• Homes were covered in dust and windows have to be closed not only to prevent dust and to cut-off the noise from the construction site.
• Continuous development is a health hazard, particularly asthma, bronchitis, conjunctivitis, and coughing were aggravated.
• The single lane/road servicing this area over the past four (4) years has been dirty with mud and sand.
• Heavy vehicles caused perpetual potholes in the road, which is a safety hazard.
• The single lane road is the only site access road to the Land and the heavy vehicles plying the road are a hazards and cause of accidents.
• The construction site is a deterrent to residents just enjoying a walk in the neighborhood.
5. INVASION OF PRIVACY
• Allowing developers to construct new projects within such close proximity of existing properties causes invasion of privacy. During construction period, the construction workers could see directly into bedroom/living room windows and upon completion, residents particularly look into each others property.
6. ECONOMIC FACTORS
• With continuous construction, homes surrounding a development can lose value due to the impact of the development.
• Property owners are unable to lease or sell their properties during the construction period.
• Developers, like Malton Group, had promoted Pavilion Hilltop as having an uninterrupted view of the KLCC and the Palace and for this “uninterrupted view” had charged a “PREMIUM PRICE” for units facing both the KLCC and the Palace view. Before even possession is handed over to the owners, the Developer has initiated plans to build another high-rise project cutting out the “promised view”.
• DEVELOPERS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY THE DEVELOPERS IN PROMOTING THEIR PROPERTIES FOR SALE. IT SHOULD NEVER BE A WIN-WIN SITUATION FOR THE DEVELOPERS AT THE EXPENSE OF THE RAKYAT.
• Mont’ Kiara area is overdeveloped and has become a concrete jungle.
• No consideration is given allocating areas for development as parks or developing “green-lung” in Mont’ Kiara.
We, urge that Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur should not approve an application simply because it meets technical requirements when it is demonstrated that its fulfillment will unreasonably diminish the quality of life in the neighborhood. The residents of this area should not be subjected to continuous construction. Developers should not be allowed to over build for profits to the detriment of residents. Any development should enhance residents’ lives, not merely the developer’s wallet.
Today: Jasvinder is counting on you
Jasvinder Gill needs your help with “Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur: Save Mont kiara - Stop Pavillion 2 Development”. Join Jasvinder and 404 supporters today.