TMC DON'T DUMP YOUR WASTE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY ON THANE SOCIETIES !!! WAKE UP.......
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Many Thane housing societies are unhappy with Thane Municipal Corporation forcing their responsibility regarding waste management on them in a unplanned manner !!!
Since long TMC was carrying out all these jobs and we also feel that these are the prime responsibility of municipalities/village panchayats as the case may be. A sudden change of passing of these important responsibilities on the housing societies, who lack expertise, infrastructure from the existing Municipal authorities without proper advice,guidance and monetary help, is seriously hurting us and the housing societies are all aggrieved with this decision and seek immediate redressal of their grievances."
Thane Citizens Foundation View :
1) Housing societies will segregation waste and give to TMC properly
2) The Thane Housing society's none of the societies ( built on 5000 sq meter and more ) in thane, are equipped with any resources, to handle the disposal of wet waste as per disposal guidelines and therefore TMC should keep collecting the segregated wet waste, as being done today.
3) Although the total land area of the society is more than 5,000 sq.mtrs , but we do not have any vacant space in the society to install the machine and equipment to carry out the disposal of wet waste.
4) We do not have experience and expertise in the handling of wet waste generated by the society.
5) TMC should find a suitable place in any of the locality in Thane, where wet waste can be treated to make manure / compost then the same must be made operational by TMC. The collection & disposal work can be executed by TMC or any other agency (as a direct contract between TMC and representative organisation). As TMC has team with sufficient knowledge and expertise to execute the same at their end. Further, TMC has got the administrative powers and authority to implement the same, which individual society may not be able to do so effectively.
6) TCF also would like to request to implement “ any change” in present method of collection & disposal, in phased manner , after establishing it as successful model, in selected areas of thane.
7) TMC appoint a waste management committee in every ward which will help in a proper communication and solution of this issue.
8) Thane Citizens Foundation forum agree to meet TMC commissioner once appointed is given and amicably sort out the issue.
9) All societies should Citizens write to their respective corporator , demanding the solution for the distress caused by TMC notice in their daily life .
10) Citizens forum will support a Public interest litigation in this regard
11) Citizens forum emphasized that most of the buildings have been built before 2016 when solid waste management act 2016 was not existing and therefore most of the required facility to treat the wet waste, do not exist in their premises and therefore TMC must take care of the same while granting occupancy certificate to the new buildings .
To join the movement mail us Thane Citizens Foundation email@example.com
Today: Thane Citizens is counting on you
Thane Citizens Foundation needs your help with “Devendra Fadnavis: TMC DONT DUMP YOUR WASTE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY ON THANE SOCIETIES !!! WAKE UP”. Join Thane Citizens and 449 supporters today.