Legal action against RunwalGroup for cheating innocent flat buyers of Runwal Greens Mulund
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We the undersigned victim Home Buyers of Runwal Green Project situated at Village Nahur,
Goregaon-Mulund Link Road, Nahur-West, Mumbai 400080 MCGM file CE/469/BPES/AS,
have to complain to you to take action against all the Directors Mr. Subodh Subhash
Runwal DIN No. 00068607 Mobile No. 98200010800, Mrs. Snehal Subodh Runwal DIN No.
00825415 of Runwal Homes Private Limited, a Company incorporated under the Companies
Act, 1956 having its registered office at Runwal & Omkar E-Square, 5th Floor, Off. Eastern
Express Highway, Opp. Sion Chunabhatti Signal, Sion (East), Mumbai – 400022 including one
Mr. Ramesh P. Lunkad / Mr. A. V. Rajan Authorized Signatory of Runwal Homes Private
We were in need of a house for growing need of our family, We came across a project
advertisement of ‘Runwal Greens’ by the Runwal Homes Private Limited being carried out /
constructed at CTS No. 681/A/7 to CTS No. 681/A/9 in Nahur Village, Mulund – Goregaon
Link Road around year 2010. Being curious and interested after seeing the advertisement,
we went to the site mentioned in the said advertisement and selected our dream houses as
per individual requirements and capacity entirely relying upon presentation, brochure, video
and sample flats constructed at site. We negotiated and agreed total consideration amount
for agreed flat sizes and paid part consideration as a booking amount to M/s. Runwal Homes
Pvt. Ltd. and later they issued an “Allottment Letter “ stating amount of total consideration,stages of payment and all flat details with areas inside the flat. M/s. Runwal also charged car
parking @ 4,00,000 per car park compulsory, this is noted in their payment schedule.
Thereafter M/s. Runwal started demanding stage-wise payment beyond 20% amount of
total consideration agreed and started threatening, if demand not paid within 7 days penal
interest @21% will be levied. We requested for agreement execution but M/s. Runwal was
not ready to do so. After their arrangements for registration of agreement they started
agreements registration later in 2011-2012. The registered agreement is noted with agreed
full and final consideration amount for the flat with carpet area and for car park it is stated
as free car park and possession date for the project agreed as December 2014. Thereafter
M/s. Runwal demanded payment against so called progress and we fulfilled the payment
demand fearing penal interest if not paid as per M/s. Runwal’s schedule and demand letters.
M/s. Runwal extorted around 97% amount till December 2014 without offering possession
nor stating any further date or any communication and suddenly around September 2015
started demanding illegal additional amount Rs. 20,00,000 to 35,00,000 over and above
agreed total consideration amount in registered agreement from each flat owner against
fungible FSI area increased due to amendment in DCR dated 6th January 2012. From 2012 till
2015 M/s. Runwal kept quiet and purposely did not disclosed about any increase in area due
to any such amendments in plans. They neither informed nor taken any consent for any
amendment in plans just to extort maximum money from the buyers. Thus Runwal Homes
Pvt. Ltd. and their directors, employees cheated us and extorted money all the time and
time to time. Any changes in full and final agreed consideration amount are alien to the law
and will amount to fraud not only on Revenue Authorities but also on Taxation Authorities.
Needless to say that it’s also a violation of various provisions of Maharashtra Ownership
Flats (Regulation of the promotion of construction, sale, management and transfer) Act,
Our complaints are:
1. Per flat Rs. 20 Lacs and more Illegal amount demanded over and above agreed value
in registered agreement and allotment letter
2. 4 to 7 Lacs per Car park charged illegally thus parking sold by the builder and
forcefully written in agreement that it is provided free on customer request.
3. More than 20 % amount of agreed value of flat accepted prior to agreement
4. Illegal interest levied by builder and defaulted in providing requisite documents
5. More than 24 months Delay in Possession; promised date was December 2014
6. Approximately Rs. 600/= per sq. ft. charged over and above the flat cost for garden
Facing flats and failed to provide garden
7. 97% amount of total full and final consideration mentioned in agreement demanded
prior to December 2014 without any intimation, consent of increased area due to
DCR amendment dated January 06, 2012
8. Deliberately delayed intimation and illegally demanded additional amount later in
2015 against fungible FSI without any consent where amendments were made as per
DCR amended dated January 6, 2012 to extort maximum collection from buyers.
9. There is neither information of any amendment in plans nor any consent taken from
10. Forcibly signing on additional one sided document, agreement, undertaking
11. Threatened to cancel the allotment of flat if not signed the agreement in builder’s
12. Flat dimensions do not match with whatever promised at the time of booking
13. Present amenities are not matching with whatever promised as per brochure, video,
sample flats and plans attached to the registered agreements.
14. Few buyers paid 100% of total agreed full and final consideration still possession not
given unless illegal demand is paid by buyers.
15. Not registering few towers under RERA irrespective of the fact that the said towers have not yet received full OC till date.
Thus, there is in gross abuse and violation of the provisions of Maharashtra
Ownership Flats (Regulation of the promotion of construction, sale, management and
transfer) Act, 1963 and to be specific, sections 3, 4, 5 and 7 of the said Act and further in
view of the said violations have thus admittedly committed offences as detailed in Section
13 of the said Act for which you are required to take appropriate action against them forthwith.
There are many such buyers who will come forward if they feel secured and protected by yourself and the Police.
Place : Mumbai Date : 2017 September 26
Today: Ashwin is counting on you
Ashwin Mangore needs your help with “Devendra Fadnavis: Legal action against RunwalGroup for cheating innocent flat buyers of Runwal Greens Mulund”. Join Ashwin and 217 supporters today.