Fight against potholes, poor Condition of road in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
I daily travel through this road from last 15 years from Navi Mumbai to Mumbai. But from last two years Sion Panvel Toll road is really in pathetic condition almost impassable at many places like Vashi Village, Shiravane, Nerul, Uran Phata, Kopara, Kharghar , kamothe and kalamboli. At many places the work is still pending like underpass way of kharghar and kamothe. This Road is having daily traffic upto 4 to 6 kms and regular accidents are taking place, but no one is ready to take sincere responsibility.
on 19th July my nephew Sourabh singh met an accident below the taloja Bridge on sion panvel highway which is full of potholes and big pits. his scooty skid due to pothole and toppled, throwing him onto the Road. His Right collar bone broken, got severe injury on shoulder, forehead and hand. This Road has become hell for the people travelling on it, especially for bike drivers. there is not a single streetlight in working condition.
The issues on this road are -
1. Almost 8 lacs people daily travel from this route but Poor Condition of Road is making the life of the People miserable. This route which is full of big pits and pot holes, due to which there is long traffic every day, 10 minutes journey is taking more than 1 hour, which turning in wastage of time and fuel of lacs of people. And the worst thing is even Ambulance and Fire Brigade vehicle can’t travel as there is no service road available at places like kopara and Vashi Village.
2. It posing danger to the life and property. Large numbers of accidents are happening due to bad condition of road. I have witnessed more than 10 small and big accidents in this area. But as per police record it is more than 100. Who will take the responsibility of these people who have either lost their life or who are suffering from serious injuries?
3. Although this is a main road which connect many cities with Mumbai like Pune, Bangaluru, and other states. Thousand of the commercial and private vehicles travel through this route every day. They are not aware of potholes and exact division line of Bridge. They drive their vehicle at consistent speed but as there is no sign board at the approach and division line of Bridge, which leads to the collision of the vehicle with bridge and division line.
4. As I know this project is known as butterfly project. there are thousand of Butterfly shaped costly streetlight from Sion to Panvel but none of them are working. And due to this many vehicles are getting accident during night and in Monsoon it become more accident prone. Any reason about this dangerous negligence?
5. At the Entry point of Kamothe there is big hole which is pending from last two years. At that point there is no street light as well as any fencing with sign board. Due to that many vehicles got major accident. The exits road from kamothe residential area towards sion is not constructed, work is pending from last two years. Due to which people are forced to go wrong side to catch the bridge towards Kharghar and this also have resulted in many accidents till now. Can Government give exact reason why people are forced to suffer due to this?
6. Every Year construction and maintenance of road started just before the onset of monsoon and due to use of sub standard material and lack proper engineering, the water start stagnating on the road in the rainy season. And Government authority i.e. PWD and road contractor are blaming the nature and escape from the accountability of poor material.
7. Poor Drainage system is also responsible for accumulation of rain water on roads especially at Kopara and Kalamboli resulting in damage of the Roads. As well as Road gets flooded even after a slight Rain. The surface of cemented road has also broken at many places.
8. Although SPTPL (Sion Panvel Toll Pvt. Ltd.) are collecting Toll from all the commercial vehicles travelling to Mumbai as well as going out of Mumbai. If they are not maintaining the road, the why the transporter will pay toll? Their vehicles are carrying the loads sometimes up to 10 metric tons to 27 metric tons, can PWD assure that you are giving properly maintained road to transport their vehicle against the toll they are taking. If not, then there is no point taking toll even from commercial vehicles. So Maharashtra Government must stop the toll collection till they don’t maintain the road. Because of this transporters are suffering with huge loss in maintenance of vehicle.
9. Whenever we ask contractor i.e. Sion panvel toll Pvt. Ltd. about the Road maintenance they give reason that they are not getting the fund from government against the toll which have waived off for private vehicle.
life of the people travelling on this road is in big Threat everyday. many accidents are taking place but your contractor is not worried. he has more focus on money. Apart from this who will take the accountability for the poor construction and use of cheap quality construction material. Road contractor and government authority who gave tender to such contractor as well as PWD is equally responsible for the worst condition of Road.
Today: Deepak is counting on you
Deepak singh needs your help with “Devendra Fadnavis: Fight against potholes, poor Condition of road in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai”. Join Deepak and 1,925 supporters today.