Bring charges against Police Officers that killed Ma-Ha-Vist Goodblanket, Luis Rodriguez, Robby McMurtry, and Joshua Stand and investigate ALL police murders having questionable circumstances
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
1. Local DA's have proven they are unable to or do not wish to prosecute police officers for murdering civilians. Without giving the victim of the police shooting the opportunity for justice, the DAs give the family a slap in the face. Many times the victims are people of color or of a low socio-economic status. Local DAs cannot be trusted to act in the best interest of all people, nor are they acting as impartial parties in deciding to prosecute for crimes.
2. When the local District Attorneys fail to act, the citizens of the state are lacking protection from the police brutality and mistreatment. Leaving citizens vulnurable to discrimination and unjust prosecutions and sentencing;
3. The police shot and killed all four of these victims under highly questionable circumstances: Ma-Ha-Vist Goodblanket, Luis Rodriguez, Robby McMurtry, and Joshua Stand. In each case the local DA found the homicides "justifiable". The victims' families deserve an impartial and fair weighing of the evidence in each case, not the undisputable stance of one person in office.
4. An impartial review of ALL police shootings back for 3 to 5 years, that resulted in death under questionable circumstances should be reviewed by the State Attorney General's Office and the Governor (Citizen's Task Force) and charges made against those responsible when the evidence supports it.
5. The Governor and Attorney General should assemble a Citizens Task Force from across the state and across lines of race and ethnicity to sit on the review of the police shootings back for 3 to 5 years and make recommendations as a body.
Today: S.P.I.R.I.T. is counting on you
S.P.I.R.I.T. needs your help with “Department of Justice: Bring charges against Police Officers that killed Ma-Ha-Vist Goodblanket, Luis Rodriguez, Robby McMurtry, and Joshua Stand and investigate ALL police murders having questionable circumstances”. Join S.P.I.R.I.T. and 737 supporters today.