Smoking: A Trend Not To Follow
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
"Every time you light up a cigarette, you are saying that your life isn't worth living"
WE APPEAL TO THE GOVERNMENT TO BAN SMOKING CIGARETTES AROUND THE SCHOOL PARAMETERS!
There is a growing number of tobacco cigarette users in the Philippines, particularly among adolescents. Moreover, tobacco cigarettes causes various health risks brought about by carcinogenic chemicals contained in it. The following are the different health diseases that one can get from smoking:
- Lung Cancer - tissues in the lungs are continuously damaged due to the cancer causing substances contained in cigarette smoke.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)- it includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema which makes a person hard to breathe.
- Heart attack- it is an immediate loss of blood flow to a part of the heart muscles.
- Stroke- blood flow in an area of a brain is cut off that causes the brain to be deprived of oxygen; thus, brain cells begin to perish.
- Poor blood circulation in feet and hands- it happens when the small arteries located in the hands and toes narrows.
Given these health risks, people must be conscious on the dangers that tobacco cigarette smoking causes; hence, it is an issue that should be solved as soon as possible and should not be ignored.
credits: google images
Today: Adrienne Nicole is counting on you
Adrienne Nicole Divinagracia needs your help with “Department of Health : cigarettes”. Join Adrienne Nicole and 109 supporters today.