Providing Better Resources and Support for First-Generation College Students
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
College provides a pathway for first-generation students to improve their career opportunities, gain economic prosperity, and social mobility. However, lack of college readiness from high schools affect these students in pursuing higher education.
So how can you address this social issue? Aware the education system about the programs needed to prepare high school students by signing this petition.
High schools should implement programs such as:
1. "Major and Career Exploration" where students can explore different majors that best suit their interests.
2. "Share Our Stories" where first-generation college students can share their stories with high schoolers.
3. "Financial Decisions" where educators can help students with financial decisions and understand how financial aid works.
4. "Advising" where students can learn about registering for classes and requirements for their major.
5. "Parent Orientation" where parents can learn how to help guide and support their children whether that be emotionally or financially.
Today: Social is counting on you
Social Action needs your help with “Department of Education: Providing Better Resources and Support for First-Generation College Students”. Join Social and 117 supporters today.