To begin with, this is extremely important because I and many other people in the UK do not agree with Footballers being overpaid. Why should footballers be paid money ranging from 20,000 - 100,000 while professional bodies such as Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Solicitors, Engineers, IT Specialists and many other fields that need masses of expertise get paid in a year what a footballers gets paid in a week!
Arguably, footballers have worked quite hard in achieving this kind of career. However they have no expertise or qualifications in their field of work.
Why They deserve it?
- Footballers train ridiculously hard every week.
- They travel around the world so often back to back to play matches here and there.
- When they get a season break (holiday) they still have to train hard to keep in top form and to maintain their football skills.
- Their career can be ended unexpectedly at any time as a result of a serious injury which could cause unwanted complications.
Why they don't deserve it?
- People such as doctors and engineer spend a lot of money to get degrees, and work long hours, only to get paid in a year what some footballer make in a week.
- There are so many people suffering from poverty..its difficult to think that one person has so much money.
Also, could you please tell friends and family about this petition and ask them to sign it. It would be a great help and it is much appreciated!
I am not trying to get anybody to lower footballers pay, but I definitely think that professional people in complicated jobs should be paid a considerable amount more! Look at the average doctors or lawyers house and then take a good hard look at a footballers MANSION!
Please sign this petition!
- Department for Culture, Media & Sport
Footballers To Get Paid Less Money & Professional Bodies To Be Paid More!
Josh Zielinski started this petition with a single signature, and now has 19 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.