Demand that Specialty Veterinary Hospitals Take Responsibility for Infecting Pets with MRSA
This petition had 395 supporters
For sometime now veterinary specialty hospital have infected pets with MRSA during surgical procedures. They have refused to take responsibility and to clean up their act, unlike human hospital that have been working at reducing the rate of infection. They need to wash their hands after handling each pet, disinfect by spraying or wiping instruments such as stethoscopes, scissors, etc., tables, guernies, floors and surgical equipment . All those involved in the surgical procedure need to wear masks, gowns and gloves.
The respective state licensing boards do not take action unless they receive several complaints, what this magic number is no one knows. The AVMA protects its members rather than the patients their members have taken an oath to treat. The AAHA does not take action because their members pay for accreditation.
Pets infected have died and those that survive spend the rest of their lives taking medications for resulting complications. These specialty veterinary hospitals refuse to take responsibility and tell pets' owners that the MRSA bacteria had to be on the pet's skin not in their facilities or staff. Pets' owners have the additional expense for further surgery in the attempt to save the pet's life.
For more information, see www.thebellamossfoundation.com.
Today: maria is counting on you
maria rosmini needs your help with “Demand that Specialty Veterinary Hospitals Take Responsibility for Infecting Pets with MRSA”. Join maria and 394 supporters today.