Due to COVID 19, a request to reduce session fee and transportation fee in DPS NK 20-21
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
School Management Committee
DPS North Kolkata
48A, Bidyayatan Sarani
Kolkata – 700035
(Through the Principal, DPS North Kolkata)
Sub: Revision of fees for the Session 2020-2021
Ref: 1. Our e-mail dated 12.04.2020 and 21.04.2020 to DPS North Kolkata
2. Govt. of West Bengal Order No 137-SSE/20 dated 10.04.2020
3. Govt. of NCT of Delhi Order F. No. PS/DE/2020/54 dated 17.04.2020
4. DPS North Kolkata Notice dated 11.04.2020,13.04.2020
Hope all the Committee members, Teachers and non-teaching staffs are Healthy & safe.
You are aware that family of most of DPS-NK students are going though very difficult financial condition due to COVID-19 outbreak. As of now, the income of many parents became uncertain as economic activities grind to a halt. Many of the DPS-NK students come from lower income group families. With very little or no savings, it will not be possible for them to pay lumpsum amount as school fees.
In this situation also, DPS North Kolkata is asking for full session charge and 50% of transport charge for 1st quarter.
Parents of Delhi Public School, North Kolkata vide their e-mails dated 12.04.2020 and 21.04.2020 requested the School for:
1. Complete waiver of the session charges for this year (2020-2021)
2. Not to take any transport charge before opening of school.
We are yet to receive any response against our e-mail dated 21.04.2020.
In this regard, we would like to draw your kind attention on the Order, F. No. PS/DE/2020/54 dated 17/04/2020 issued by the "DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION, GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI, OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION” wherein all Heads/Managers of the private unaided recognised schools of Delhi were directed that “No fee, except Tuition fee, shall be charged from the parents, till further orders.....”
We, the parents of DPS-NK, want to convey that:
1. As Delhi Public School North Kolkata has started online classes and it is required to pay the salaries to the teachers and non-teaching staffs (including drivers), parents are ready to pay the tuition fees (school fees).
2. Asking for any percentage of transport fees when the transport is not even being utilized at all is arbitrary and unjustified. Transport charges may be taken only after opening of the school.
3. Delhi Public School North Kolkata is charging Session charge for whole session (2020-2021) whereas school will remain open only for a portion of a year. Hence, charging session fees for whole year is completely arbitrary and unjustified. Amount of Session Charges payable can only be assessed only after opening of school.
In these scenarios, it requested that only tuition fees may be charged before opening of school. Accordingly, fees invoice needs to be revised to enable the parents to pay the tuition fees only.
Hope the school will do the needful at the earliest.
With Best Regards,
Parents and guardians of DPS NORTH KOLKATA
1. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank', Hon'ble Minister of HRD, Govt. of India.
2. Dr. Partha Chatterjee, Hon’ble Education Minister, Govt. of W.B.
3. Smt. Anita Karwal, IAS, Secretary, Dept. of School education, Govt of India
4. Anurag Tripathi, IRPS, Secretary, CBSE
5. Shri Manish Jain, IAS, Principal Secretary, Dept. of School Education, Govt. of W.B.
6. Thongkholet Mate, Regional Officer, CBSE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!