- Gail Mametsukamanager, programs and services, UCSF Campus Life Services
- Sonia Millergeneral manager
- Gary Formanexecutive director, Campus Life Services
- Angela HawkinsAssociate Vice Chancellor, Campus Life Services
Delay Closure of Kids Club at UCSF Mission Bay Bakar Fitness!
UCSF announced on April 10 it will close Kids Club on April 30. This will leave users of the Bakar Fitness Center without an hourly child-care option, a major benefit of membership in this community gym. My daughter literally has grown up at Kids Club, going there nearly every weekend morning since she was several months old. She has experienced the love and nurturing of the wonderful Kids Club staff, while making it possible for her mom and dad to keep in shape knowing their daughter was safe and happy nearby. Kids Club has experienced chronically low utilization rates (according to UCSF staff) and has benefited from UCSF subsidies. Yet UCSF made the decision to close Kids Club without consulting its users. We can help UCSF come up with constructive ideas to save Kids Club--but only if they delay its closure and engage the parents in a conversation.
- manager, programs and services, UCSF Campus Life Services
- general manager
- executive director, Campus Life Services
- Associate Vice Chancellor, Campus Life Services
Please consider delaying the closure of Kids Club at UCSF Mission Bay Bakar Fitness Center. Kids Club is an integral part of my fitness and recreation experience. I want to join together with other community members to help fix Kids Club's problems, not to see it shuttered without any input from members.
Adam Lashinsky started this petition with a single signature, and now has 452 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.