Save your property rights and Del Mar's historic vacation and racing rentals.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- Historically, short term vacation and racing season rentals in Del Mar have been allowed and there has never been any attempt to prevent them.
- Short term rentals (STRs) are recognized in the Community Plan without restriction to any particular zone. There are similar intensity uses allowed currently in all residential zones.
- The administrative construction of short term rentals and long term rentals has been consistent over 50 plus years which has been to allow them specifically.
- The right to rent property is a fundamental right associated with ownership of that property and there is nothing to distinguish in the Code the difference between a short term rental and a long term rental with respect to that right.
- There are no definitions in the Municipal Code that would define a STR as a business.
- It is important to the City in terms of retail sales, income and community character to promote and preserve the retail base of the community which have been significantly strengthened by STRs.
Today: Del Mar Homeowners for Property Rights is counting on you
Del Mar Homeowners for Property Rights needs your help with “Del Mar City Council: Benefits of Short Term Rentals”. Join Del Mar Homeowners for Property Rights and 236 supporters today.