Don't Split 9788 Summers Pond
This petition had 130 supporters
The property owner at 9788 Summers Pond Dr (the property with the pond), wishes to subdivide the property into two lots, creating a flag lot in the back. The property owner intends to build a small house on the flag lot and sell off the existing house and pond.
The plan submitted to Deerfield township was rejected as it did not meet the minimum setback distances defined in the zoning ordinance (there's not enough room). The property owner has applied for a variance (an exception) and a public hearing will be held.
This plan is bad for Walnut Grove and the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Building a small house will substantially lower our property values and will not be in line with the character of our neighborhood.
- The current house already stands out as not in conformity to the rest of the subdivision in the way that it is situated on the lot facing towards the house next to it rather than facing the street. The proposed house looks like it would be situated in a similar manner, which would add to the non-conformity of the cul-de-sac area
- The rear or side of the new house would face the street which is not as pleasing as the normal front-facing positioning and detracts from the view as seen from the street and could potentially lower property values. Deerfield township zoning ordinance requires homes to face the street.
- An added long driveway into the rear of the lot will detract from the view, privacy and overall quality of life currently enjoyed by nearby residents.
- Adding another property will increase vehicle traffic in Walnut Grove.
If you are opposed to the proposed lot split of 9788 Summers Pond, please sign this petition so we can send a strong message to the Deerfield Township Board of Zoning Appeals.
Today: Rick is counting on you
Rick Stevens needs your help with “Deerfield Township Board of Zoning Appeals: Don't Split 9788 Summers Pond”. Join Rick and 129 supporters today.