How to Activate your Wifi Router
0 telah menandatangani. Mari kita ke 100.
Wireless internet networks in homes have become popular even though many are worried about radiation, and many owners leave their networks open and vulnerable to unwanted connections. One of the best ways to maintain your network is to apply a password to secure the network.
Here's how to install it.
- Log in to your router settings page and open the Wireless tab to edit the wifi settings (look for the wireless security settings section). The name of this tab varies from router to other router, but is generally located in "Wireless Settings" or "Security Settings".
- Select the type of encryption. Most routers have several options provided when it comes to this section. Click to activate WPA-PSK (Wireless Protected Access) or WPA2-PSK encryption using either the drop-down menu or checkbox options. The choices are usually between WEP, WPA-PSK (Personal), or WPA2-PSK. If you want, you can choose WPA2 because it's categorized as the safest encryption on a wireless network. Some older routers don't have this option.
- Some older devices cannot connect to networks that use WPA2. You need to remember this if you have several older devices that you want to install into the network.
- Select the AES algorithm for WPA2-Personal. If you are given a choice, choose AES as an encryption algorithm for your WPA2 security. Another option is TKIP, which is older and less safe. Some routers can only choose AES. AES stands for Advanced Encryption Standard and is the best set of algorithms for wireless encryption.
- Enter the passphrase and SSID. The SSID is the name of your network, and the passphrase needs to be entered by each device connected to the SSID. Your password or password is better to use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols to make it difficult for people to guess.
- Save the new settings or your new settings then refresh the router. Most routers will automatically restart by themselves and each device that was previously connected will mentally exit again so that it needs to log in with a new password to be able to re-connect.
- If your router doesn't refresh automatically, you need to do this manually. To refresh your router, turn off the power and count to 10 before then turn it on again and let it run through the boot cycle (wait for all lights to turn on).
That's it, this tips is taken from http://www.bestnetworkinghardware.com.. hope this can help you
Petisi yang lagi ramai
Hari ini: Jonathan mengandalkanmu
Jonathan Robert membutuhkan bantuanmu untuk mengajukan petisi "Deden: How to Activate your Wifi Router". Bergabunglah dengan Jonathan dan 89 pendukung lainnya hari ini.