Petition to the Board of the AASW
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
AASW members request a more consultative and deliberative process to consider proposed changes to the AASW Constitution
We the undersigned members of the AASW,
- Note that AASW members have expressed disappointment at the lack of an inclusive transparent consultative process, and the short time frames of the current consultation
- Note that AASW members have expressed misgivings that the proposed changes may not be consistent with the social work values that honour democracy, diversity, participation and inclusiveness
- And consequently, believe that the proposed changes to the AASW constitution are too controversial and too complex to be decided at the 2018 AGM in early November
We therefore request that ..
A. Any proposed changes not be voted on until the 2019 AGM
B. And that the consultation process includes the following elements,
- face to face consultations with all Branches
- online consultations with any constituted group of the AASW that requests a consultation
- the online publication of all submissions
- AASW sponsored online interactive forums available to all members, with a particular focus on ensuring that rural and remote members are provided with opportunities for interactive consultations
- The commissioning of an independent document that canvasses all arguments for and against each proposal sent in paper form to each member
Today: Debbi is counting on you
Debbi Carberry needs your help with “Debbi Carberry: Petition to the Board of the AASW”. Join Debbi and 300 supporters today.