COVID-19:Stop this quack Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury from spreading Coronavirus disinformation
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Please do not ignore: Your small help could take us inch closer to defeat COVID-19
Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury is a self-proclaimed doctor who is misleading public about COVID-19 since the start of the outbreak relentlessly via his YouTube channel advising it is nothing but seasonal flu and advocated that social distancing is an unnecessary step by the Government of India.
His Youtube channel alone has nearly 900 Thousand subscribers with a total viewership of over 32 Million (P.S - The Channel was suspended by YouTube but he created a new one subsequently). He is, therefore, putting the life of the general public and frontline health workers at great risk. In addition, such acts are making the hard work of the Government, health workers, police, and other stakeholders less effective and harder. This is criminal and it must be stopped.
YoutTube has deleted several videos linked to COVID-19 disinformation so far. However, he keeps making new misleading videos one after another which he posts not just on the YouTube Channel but also on other social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram. He directed all his viewers to download the videos and share it via WhatsApp in case these videos are deleted from the social media platforms. As a result, multiple copies of these misleading videos went viral across the country including the videos that are still live on his social media accounts.
Who is Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury?
He is a self-proclaimed doctor who previously was a Bollywood actor and associated with the various media, and memory training-related activities until 2013. He has no foundational medical or paramedical qualifications and NOT a Doctor. He is not registered as a medical professional in India or anywhere in the world. He operates via his network of various fraudulent organisations and social media. He claims to have a PhD but various sources confirmed that it's a fake degree bought from an online degree mill. He misleads gullible people to believe that they without medications can cure chronic and other deadly diseases, such as diabetes, heart conditions, Autism, Cancer, Polio, AIDS, COVID-19.
In addition to the above, he is the kingpin of an organised syndicate of bogus organisations that operate out of India. Some of these bogus organisations are:
- Indo-Vietnam medical Board (Bogus organisation to bypass India as well as Vietnam Government regulators)
- The Research Institute of Complementary Health Sciences (RICHS) (Part of the same organised syndicate. They give awards to each other. They crosslink fake accreditations and certifications to appear it to be legit.)
- World Record University - Fake university which offers 6 months Doctorate (PhD) programme (it claimed to be based in London but has no existence in the UK)
More details can be found in the link below:
Contact details of Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury and his social media accounts:
- Address: B-121, 2nd Floor, Green Fields, Faridabad (Haryana) -India
- Phone: +919312286540
- Website: https://biswaroop.com
- Youtube Channel (Update 03 June 2020: The Account has been deleted)
- Link to the new YouTube Channel (Update 19 Aug 2020: 2nd Youtube channel has been deleted too)
- Facebook Account1 (Update 03 June 2020: The Account has been deleted)
- Link to the new Facebook Account (Update 28 Oct 2020: The account has been suspended)
- Facebook Account2
- Facebook Account of bogus Indo Vietnam Medical Board
- Twitter Handle (Update 05 June 2020: The Account has been deleted)
- Link to the new Twitter Handle (Update 29 Oct 2020: 2nd Account has been deleted too.)
- Link to the new Twitter Handle
- Instagram (Update 26 Oct 2020: The Account has been deleted)
These things are a matter of serious public concern. Therefore, I petition the Government of India and its agencies that,
- Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury should be arrested immediately so that he can be stopped from spreading disinformation on COVID-19 in this critical time
- his social media accounts to be suspended
- initiate a public enquiry to investigate his fraudulent activities under the Drugs and Magical Remedies Act 1954 and section 415 of IPC
Please sign this petition and share it with everyone you know to help the nation and the countrymen in this unprecedented time of CoVID-19 pandemic.
Thank You so much for your assistance in this URGENT matter. Every little help will get us closer to beating this monstrous Virus. Stay Safe!
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!