Fairness in Evaluation
This petition had 678 supporters
We the students of Manipal University Jaipur are not against the evaluation but against the way University is planning to do so. We fail to see the factor of fairness in the mode of examination. We request you to kindly consider the following points while carrying out a mechanism to evaluate the semester grade.
1. The examination, would not be fair, because of free internet access and answers available online.
2. Unavailability of prior notes and study material.
- not everything can be explained and taught online, the need for a pen, paper, marker, and board is essential.
Moreover, it is impossible to collect the above said from the hostels.
3. Internet connectivity is not dependable and highly erratic for many students and it is impractical to give an exam over cellular data.
4. Even if the teachers provide textbooks, we students require the physical presence for help and support in concept and doubt clearing.
As mentioned above, not everything can be taught over the internet.
5. Many of the students have left their laptops on campus and have no way to appear for a 3-hour long examination.
6. Conducting exams later for those who won't be able to sit now is not supporting the students of the current 6th semester as they would be having placements in the seventh semester, and that would already be a stressful period.
7. Since these were to be summer vacations and many of the students have started work from home internships, preparing for placements, and other examinations and one cannot expect them to focus on everything all at once.
8. Examinations would increase the already high levels of anxiety and would only fuel uncertainty in such tough times. We are going through a pandemic.
Sir, CGPA is extremely important for us since it is a major factor in our future in our higher education and we would not like anything that would jeopardize it. We would like you to please consider the aforementioned and suggest a mechanism to evaluate accordingly.
Today: Student, is counting on you
Student, MUJ needs your help with “Dean Student Welfare[MU-Jaipur]: Fairness in Evaluation”. Join Student, and 677 supporters today.