Policing and Streetly burglaries, we want a better offer.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Concerning the dramatic increase of Burglaries in Streetly. Both police and residents have raised dissatisfaction with the way police resources are allocated to Streetly. Our police station is in Bloxwich and now covers a large area meaning we have lost local expertise. There appears to be a lack of communication about offenders who live on our door step in Birmingham areas because it falls into another police boundary. The community is concerned over burglaries which resulted in the death of a pensioner locally. Streetly already greatly contributes financially towards policing. We have been hit with a crime wave and residents do not feel supported. We are now been asked to increase what we are paying again.
What we are asking for:
- A plan of policing for Streetly that works best for the geography the area is in. With better communication and closer partnership with police in the areas we boarder.
- Better communication and intelligence gathering on known offenders with both Walsall and Birmingham Youth Offending and Probation services.
- Door to door enquires after a burglary within three days.
- More police patrols and operations in unmarked cars.
- More street signage to indicate police presence.
- Better community communication and dialogue with Streetly.
- Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras to cover the area better.
- CCTV at hotspots. Local government CCTV is poor.
- 101 to be free as residents are put off calling due to some providers charging for the call.
We are a group of 1000 members currently (29.01.18) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1863046370388702/
Thank you for your support
Streetly Neighbourhood Alerts
Today: Streetly Neighbourhood Alerts is counting on you
Streetly Neighbourhood Alerts needs your help with “David Jamieson: Policing and Streetly burglaries, we want a better offer.”. Join Streetly Neighbourhood Alerts and 1,306 supporters today.