Save this historic home!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
This property at 9 Centennial Av Chatswood NSW was purchased by a developer towards the end of 2017 and has been judged to have heritage merit by independent heritage consultants. It has considerable historical significance for our area.
- 1996 Review of Proposed Heritage Listings in City of Willoughby recommended the property be included within the Schedule of Local Heritage Items. It was included in a draft for exhibition however Council resolved not to proceed with its inclusion.
- 2005 Nomination by Willoughby District Historical Society. Independent Heritage Review undertaken by Graham Brooks and Associates listing it as of heritage significance. Council sought owner permission to inspect but no response received. There was no inspection and Council took no further action.
- 2009 Notice of Motion to Willoughby Council by Councillor Lynne Saville. Owner’s Solicitor objected to listing on basis of owner’s age and previous history of listing attempts.
- Council resolved 25 May 2009 to expedite process to commit to list.
- 2010 Exhibition of Draft Local Environment Plan. Incorporated into draft plan. Two submissions opposing from family members. Report to Council 3 November recommended listing. Owner refused entry for inspection.
- 22 November 2010 West Ward residents petition submitted requesting heritage listing.
- 28 February 2011 Council resolved to take no further action to visit the property in deference to occupant’s age and objections.
- February 2018 Illegal Demolition halted. Roofing tiles removed. Some features removed. Owner instructed to cover roof and secure the property.
At Willoughby Council Meeting General Meeting 12 February, an Interim Heritage Order was placed on 9 Centennial Av Chatswood to prevent its immediate demolition.
Today: David is counting on you
David Grover needs your help with “David Grover: Save this historic home!”. Join David and 429 supporters today.