Change to Davenport Fireworks Restrictions
This petition had 167 supporters
1. Fireworks usage with few restrictions for such a large period of time creates a risk of traumatic episodes for many veterans of the armed forces, as well as others who suffer from PTSD.
2. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas cause a great deal of stress, anxiety, and fear for many dogs, cats, and other pets, which can result in animals reacting with fear-based aggression or by running away, or with other general negative health issues.
3. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas creates extremely loud noises which create an unwelcome and uncomfortable environment for babies, infants, and toddlers in that area.
4. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas creates unnecessary and unwelcome levels of constant noise pollution.
5. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas can not only damage the property belonging to the person(s) setting them off, but also creates a risk of damage to property surrounding the area where they are being set off.
6. Fireworks contain toxic chemicals and are known to be pollutants to the air, ground, and water.
7. Fireworks being set off during extended times from 9AM until 11PM are detrimental to all workers who work 2nd and 3rd shift jobs.
This petition will be delivered to: The Davenport City Council
Today: Karene is counting on you
Karene Nagel needs your help with “Davenport City Council: Change to Davenport Fireworks Restrictions”. Join Karene and 166 supporters today.