Darley Park Community Centre
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Darley community is resilient, inclusive and welcoming of change. We are a proud community and to support our ever growing and changing community we need Moorabool Shire Council and State / Federal Government support to create a facility in Darley that will ensure community members have access to safe and flexible spaces that can be used by key User groups and the broader community.
We are seeking community support to convince local, state and federal government to help us upgrade the aged and inadequate facilities at Darley Park, and create a facility where people are welcomed, feel connected and are supported to learn, play and live.
Our proposed upgraded facility will
- Provide a multi-purpose pavilion that accommodates sport and community
- Provide unisex player and umpire change rooms that cater for diversity
- Provide unisex public amenities that address public safety and accessible entry concerns
- Enhance the Community Programs offering by providing a facility that is accessible and inclusive
- Remove the barriers to female participation by providing suitable facilities and amenities
- Provide a premium venue that makes the best use of its prominent location for the growing Darley community, that currently cannot access a large scale events centre (300 plus people) within their community.
- Provide community rooms and a meeting room that will have technology to support learning and opportunities for improved collaboration
We support the efforts of Moorabool Shire Council to upgrade existing and developing new facilities across the whole municipality to increase community wellbeing, such as the establishment of new and improved facilities at Bacchus Marsh Racecourse.
However, the burgeoning Darley community of 8,372 people (2016 Census) is growing rapidly and desperately needs local, state and federal investment in this proposal. It seeks to build a modern community centre in the heart of the Darley community, whilst replacing aged facilities at Darley Park to cater for unisex participation levels that are exploding across all user groups
Today: Robyn is counting on you
Robyn Bewley needs your help with “Darley Park Community Committee: Darley Park Community Centre”. Join Robyn and 605 supporters today.