Make Preston South part of Thornbury
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Preston/Thornbury border (Dundas St) makes no sense. It's time for Preston South to become part of Thornbury.
Reasons for the change include:
- Bell St is more of a natural border than Dundas St.
- Many Preston South residents identify more with Thornbury. They shop, dine out and spend more time in Thornbury than they do in Preston.
- The northern shopping/restaurant precinct in Thornbury now extends into Preston South along High St and Plenty Rd.
- With the recent change of zoning in Preston South, the area feels more like an extension of Thornbury than it does part of Preston.
- Visitors to the area would not/cannot easily identify Dundas St being the border between the two localities.
- Real estate agents frequently advertise 'below Bell St' for this area, confirming that this area is distinct and that Bell St is a more natural boundary.
- In 2014, Banyule council did the same thing to Heidelberg Heights/Ivanhoe because it made sense.
Today: Andrew is counting on you
Andrew Smith needs your help with “Darebin Council: Make Preston South part of Thornbury”. Join Andrew and 529 supporters today.