Stand UP for DEEP mental health care, and rights to DEFEND lives with firearms.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Out of breath, the first thing I went for was my inhaler. When the inhaler and C-PAP machine didn't help, I realized it was time to say goodbye to the violent but deeply beautiful world I have lived in. Until a paramedic carefully guided a paper bag onto my face and I suddenly could breath again. It was honestly hilarious to find out it was just anxiety. Wow just anxiety, lets just go back to our original routine now.
Fast forward three months, I lost close to a whole 60 pounds. I never felt more robbed of my own skin and bones. I was my own worst enemy. When the anxiety started rubbing away, I became more agitated and mad at every single person that reminded me of my violent childhood. Whoever resembled the unpredictable people I met during my time in the streets was a threat to me.
After being shot at for the second time, I couldn't go anywhere without my firearm near me. After helplessly watching a mother drugged into room full of men, I would never trust the women I love in my life alone again without insisting them to purchase their own personnel firearm for protection. I and 14.5 million other Americans lawfully carrying firearms love our guns.
But it was that moment that I never felt more guilty in my life for thinking people with anxiety don't go through anything tough.
I never felt more guilty for using inappropriate words that some people use to define people with mental illness even if it was just for fun.
How dare I, the three words I choose to never forget.
How dare I, have the audacity to even for a second growing up from violent background have the right to believe that people suffering from PTSD are cowards.
How dare I, believe they take everything too serious.
It was until the day I could not breath, I finally listened.
Now you heard my story, multiply it by 1,000,000 and imagine what veterans go through when they come home from doing something humans weren't made to do. Kill.
We need proper amazing mental health care for everyone from DAY ONE.
- Stand UP for the right to DEFEND lives with LAWFULLY owned firearms and create a whole new kind of security force dedicated to the protection of educational institutions. Instead of making the ban of AR-15's the main topic, lets talk about the lack of good security at some schools, ones that resemble airports, banks, federal buildings.
- Use the same polygraph, psychology review, and strategy we use for new police officer recruits wanting to protect and serve their the United States of America for the law abiding citizens who want to own a high powered rifle.
- Start FREE annual mental health checks for ALL not just gun owners.
- Admit that we can't stop gun violence until we understand why it keeps happening. Statistics can show stricter gun laws can possibility decrease "GUN" violence. But only gun violence, what happens when people are only using knives. The odds of you learning knife to knife combativeness to defend yourself are very low. Instead of gun violence, we will see knife violence. And like the United Kingdom, we will start progressive bans towards knifes with certain sizes.
- We have to look at the school safety in the totality, including issues related to mental health and bullying; otherwise, we will let too many opportunities for meaningful prevention and more importantly, early intervention, strategies pass by. The fact that there are many different types of incidents also points to the need for innovative solutions, many of which will be school or community specific.
Why are we advised to get only flu shots every year but not see a therapist?
But why fight for the right to protect lives with lawfully owned firearms?
"The right of self defence is the ﬁrst law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to conﬁne this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction."
- St. George Tucker at the College of William and Mary
"If you love this nation, at all, then reread that and let it soak in. Now stick with me for just a few moments and I’ll show to you why its absurd, this progressive push for gun control."
- Bob at GunSources.com
What they do not count is the number of times a victim saved themselves or someone else by brandishing a firearm, firing a warning shot, or just having their weapon seen in the holster by a criminal. Those numbers would tell a whole different story, one they don’t want you to know.
By all means make it harder to purchase a AR-15, whatever we have to do to keep it away from people who shouldn't have them in the first place. But you cannot sit there and possibly allow people who even suggest to repeal the 2nd amendment to turn your head away from the facts that people like you and me are protected every single day because of guns.
YES. Guns. Guns which all policemen, military, and law-abiding concealed carry holders have. The police was not there when I was shot at, and if I did not brandish my firearm in defense I can 90% guarantee I would not be here today because who knows waht they would do if they didn't see a object of powerful tool of defense in my hand.
"Because if the nightclub you go to every night or the bank full of money has better security than a school full of children, you know something is wrong."
- Danie Dam
So lets make it right.
Please just sign this petition to protect the 2nd amendment and create a new safer future for children in schools and all through deep easy to access mental health care for all.
Vist www.FightForGuns.com for more information.
Today: Fight For Guns is counting on you
Fight For Guns needs your help with “Danie Dam: Stand UP for DEEP mental health care, and rights to DEFEND lives with firearms. www.FightForGuns.com”. Join Fight For Guns and 7 supporters today.