Effective & Early Foreign Language Teaching in UK State Schools
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
This petition is to fundamentally ask for change concerning the choice of a foreign language at UK (primary) schools and to address the issue that a foreign language should be taught earlier. The current system is not helping and requires major improvement which is why I have started this petition.
In today's global world - children need to be equipped with language capabilities.
There are two key areas, I believe, that need to fundamentally CHANGE:
- A foreign language needs to be introduced early at primary level or pre-school level, so that neuro-pathway for language learning is created.
- The majority of schools teach French as a first language and then introduce Spanish or German as a second.
CHANGE this so that SPANISH is introduced as a first language.
- Spanish is one of the top five spoken languages in the world.
- Spanish is a precursor to learning other languages such as Italian.
- I hope you will agree that Spanish pronunciation is not as demanding and complex as French so children have more of a chance to grasp the requirements of learning a foreign language.
The Office of National Statistics (ONS) www.ons.gov.uk - the data for "country most visited by UK residents" is SPAIN.
Please support this petition with your signature and let's get it before Parliament, we need the Department of Education to support this, take this request seriously and make the changes to the Curriculum.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Today: Sonia is counting on you
Sonia Robinson needs your help with “Damian Hinds : Effective & Early Foreign Language Teaching in UK State Schools”. Join Sonia and 58 supporters today.